NMEF Approves Over $29k in Grants to Teachers
Grants to Enhance Ed Experience for NM Students
The New Milford Education Foundation has announced they will award nine grants totaling $29, 175.04 to eleven teachers and two schools throughout the district.
NMEF President explained the grants funded from the proceeds of last year’s gala fundraiser and represent the final step in an application and review process that was open to all New Milford educational staff.
“One of our primary requirements was for each grant to finance a project that would directly and measurably enhance the educational experience of New Milford students,” Fischer said. “We are satisfied that the grant recipients represent a wide array of noteworthy academic opportunities for our kids.”
This year’s grant recipients are:
- Lindsey Freedman, Ray Cottiers, and Eve Valente (DEOMS) – $9,499.00 for Google Expedition Kits for virtual reality field trips
- Walter Pevny (NMHS) – $4,652.94 for a sound room/master recording studio
- Eve Valente (DEOMS) – $3,345.00 for a digital library
- Dave Wilson (NMHS) – $3,299.00 for virtual reality equipment
- Amelia Buchman (NMHS) – $2,800.00 as seed money for Castle Theater Daytime Children’s Programming
- Justin Muratore (DEOMS) – $2,000.00 for Art in Motion, a science/art crossover project
- Berkley/Gibbs Elementary Schools – $1,500.00 for a GoNoodle Plus paid subscription
- Keith Devereaux (NMHS) – $1,428.10 for Trout in the Classroom
- Carla Urbaez and Laura Fleming (NMHS) – $651.00 for a TedEd Club
Fischer said, “The Ed Foundation is able to offer these grants thanks to the generosity of last year’s gala attendees.”
She pointed out that tickets are available for this year’s gala, to be held on April 11 at Seasons.